During the course of your treatment for breast cancer, there will be several different doctors who will work together to plan your operation and
reconstruction procedure so that you get the best possible result. Your team should include:
- Surgeon: He or she will perform the biopsy of the breast tumour and the lumpectomy or mastectomy.
- Pathologist: This doctor studies the tumour to determine the degree of malignancy.
- Medical oncologist: This specialist administers anticancer drugs or chemotherapy.
- Radiation oncologist: He or she administers radiation therapy.
- Plastic surgeon: This doctor performs your breast reconstruction.
- Breast Surgeons